Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Computers, Software, Engineering, Internet/E-Commerce, Law Enforcement, and Security, Retail/Wholesale, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development, Web Technology, Energy / Utilities
Associate Digital Engineer II|
BestBuy.com is one of the 10 largest e-commerce sites in North America, with a billion visits each year. Another billion visitors shop our physical stores. Best Buy is not only a retailer but also a technology-based company, where technology itself is at the heart of our operation.
The Customer Domain Platform Team is looking for a strong developer who can contribute to building scalable services that help drive the website. We're looking for someone comfortable contributing to several projects, often simultaneously. This person will be an individual contributor to these projects, but may, at times, act as a mentor for less experienced developers. We work in a highly cooperative environment where teamwork and strong communication is a must.
- Responsible for application development and maintenance for delivering business value online. Follows the software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing and deployment. Supports applications in production.
- Using current programming language and technologies to write web applications, fix defects and support production.
- Writes system test scripts and fixes software defects when required. Performs overall testing and debugging of applications. Troubleshoots system defects.
- Completes basic documentation needed to support applications from development phase to maintenance phase. Creates deployment automation and run books for production support.
- 2+ years related experience with Bachelors degree; or 4+ years related experience without Bachelors degree
- Knowledge of two or more of the following specifications HTML, XML, SQL, CSS and REST Web Services.
- Experience developing Spring MVC and JPA (Hibernate) applications
- Experience with JUnit and/or Spock
- RESTful service design and implementation using Spring MVC
- Comfortable with the Unix command line interface